Monday, October 3, 2011

Reason to move to Jamesport #1

The four seasons! Growing up in Los Angeles I can remember longing as a child to see snow. I dreamed of making a snowman and throwing snowballs. I could hardly appreciate at such a young age the true meaning of "four seasons". Looking at the cottonwood tree outside my front door today reminds me that Fall has come again in all it's glory. The countryside is coming alive with color and the dog days of Summer are gone at last. Sitting on the porch at the end of the day is always a favorite activity. The seasons are especially important here because of the local agrarian society. Harvest time is here, pumpkin patches are overflowing, apple cider is in the make, Mums are everywhere, and everyone is buzzing about how great the weather is. Fall is our favorite time of year. I can't imagine not living with the gentle rhythm of the seasons to guide my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment