Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Amercan Heartland Dream

Back in the 1950's I was daydreaming while attending Saint Mary's Grammer School in East Los Angeles California. I was studying U.S. geography and developed a facination with the Ozark Mountains in the "Heartland" of America. I could feel the word "Heartland" beginning to pull me in the direction that would eventually result in my journey to find my own piece of the American dream.

Fast forward to 2011 and here I am in a small Amish town in Northwest Missouri running a country Inn. The journey took 40 years and included multiple wives, careers, children, and countless misadventures. This blog is about my experiences living here in rural Missouri and about the culture of small town America.

My wife Gail and I live in Jamesport, Missouri. Population 500. Hope you enjoy our stories about our life among the Amish.

No comments:

Post a Comment