Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Annual Spring Hill Amish Auction a Great Success.

At least 4 auctions going on at one time!
I went to the annual Spring Hill Amish Auction today with the grand kids. It was hot and dry so we immediately went to the food building and got some home-made ice cream.
The turnout was impressive. From reports I got from some Amish, this year was far better than last and a part of a continuing trend upward. There were at least 4 auctioneers going at the same time across more than 20 acres.
People were using horses and 4-wheelers to get around the sale area. This seems to be a growing trend as the size of the auction has grown over the years.
4-wheelers used by buyers.

The parking lot was huge. I was concerned about parking, but this year there was plenty of space. I noticed that there were several RV's dry camping in the parking lot. There is no charge for parking. This looks like a good opportunity for local RV clubs to come out for a fun and low cost event. I plan to speak with the auction organizers to see if we can advertise RV space for next year. All the inns in town were full and it would help if people could dry camp at the auction.
RV's with lots of room to park at the auction.

We had a good time. It was a carnival atmosphere with kids and adults all enjoying the event. If you have not attended this event, you should try to make it this year or next. It is turning into the best event of the year. Tomorrow is the final day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However I am experiencing issues with your RSS.
    I don't understand the reason why I can't subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!
    My website Government Auctions

    ReplyDelete